Le Chat Britanique

The trip to the Cache Humane Society was extremely beneficial. Were parts of it underwhelming? Well, yes but I am fairly sure that's because of myself and not the animals or volunteers. I met my cat; his name is Clarence. I wouldn't say meet, more that he started meowing and I saw the whining mixed with the indifferent attitude and knew that we were destined for each other.

Clarence is a particular cat. To quote one of my group members, "he appears to be very British." I've decided to take it upon me to label him as British and not change his name to Dmitri. Clarence is a Domestic Short Hair cat. His fur is Brown Tabby and White. Meanwhile, he is about medium size, not declawed (thank goodness), and housetrained.

Clarence may have attitude, but down beneath all the fluff and fat he really is a sweetheart. He loves attention and having his head petted. He is also two years old and has plenty of life left in him. He may come off as legarthic and tired but he's willing to play with his potential owner. The amount that I was able to read and analyze about him from the twenty minutes at the Cache Humane Society is more than I expected. It's also crucial for the final project.

Finally, I am thinking of doing a mixture of visual and written forms in my final project. Clarence, despite the awful name, shouldn't have too many issues getting adopted. He appears to be friendly and cuddly once he warms up to people, which is the general basis for cat adoptions. Using a mixture of humor, descriptions, anthromorphism, and pictures, possibly an abstract form for the presentation, should find Clarence a happy home. The appeal to Pathos should be impossible to deny. Cat owners will come for Clarence from all over the valley.

I'm very pleased with progress coming with this project. I'm excited to do more. I am also extremely grateful I chose a cat; it hits a special place close to home.

Clarence "Le Chat Britanique" (2021)
Jacob Sagers. Source: Myself



Comments

Popular Posts