Reflection Two
I've progressed to the midpoint of the semester. I find my enjoyment of this class increasing; albeit slightly. I'm ecstatic at getting to meet my cat for my final project. I grew up with cats; I've always enjoyed being around them. Besides alleviating some of my animal withdrawals, meeting the cat will be a wonderful opportunity for me to apply what I have learned from this class. Easing into the final project will be an improvement.
I've also enjoyed the readings being more applicable and easier to understand. I found the St. Guinefort article to be especially interesting because it relates to my passions for history and France. The readings also feel shorter and less pressured. I've enjoyed building on the concepts we learned about the different components of Dogs in Art. Applying these to different areas and subjects in my life will, hopefully, prove beneficial.
Onto a more negative note. While reflecting, I noticed that the semester has become slightly more overwhelming with midterms and time. I'll adjust to college since I'm a freshman in my first semester. The past week has also been an improvement on the two before. I just worry it impedes my growth from learning in my classes but I've been finding ways to adapt and find balance in my life.
When we met with the Cache Humane Society it made me stop and reflect. Meeting with their dog made me realize the benefit of pausing. I need to occasionally stop throughout the day- enjoy the moment. It improves my focus alongside my general mood. Sitting down and petting the dog, while watching its pure joy with life, in class made me realize a component of balance I have been missing.
This course ties in a lot with other courses I've taken in the past. Namely literature, history, and geography courses apply. Becoming a citizen scholar requires applying the different topics in my classes to build my knowledge and skills. I'm excited about meeting the cat I'll represent next week. I'm just worried I won't be able to do it justice and get it adopted.

Comments
Post a Comment