Reflection 3
The dog and I are starting to play a game of cat and mouse.
Not literally, but metaphorically. Anyways, as I move into the final weeks of the semester I'm honestly wondering where the time has gone. It feels like just yesterday I was unpacking my stuff into my dorm room and introducing myself to people who it feels like I have known forever. Time flies when you're having fun I guess. Wherever that time goes is up to me.
Turning to the readings and content, the last few weeks have been pleasurable to put in the words of My Dog Tulip. The shift to videos and more modern mediums has made the readings more enjoyable. However, my history nut self still loves the historical artworks and writings of the past. I also consider myself doing pretty well with balancing the class. Besides missing once last week due to, another, migraine, my attendance and participation are going pretty well I believe.
Finally, regarding the final project, I'm still feeling nervous and apprehensive about it. The majority of the stress, however, is natural and I shouldn't fret over it as much as I have been in my mind. It's also slightly subsided as I've started piecing together my representation. The idea of poetry, writing, and a positive image of Clarence is lessening my worries. I miss him, and I'm glad he's already gotten adopted.
Nonetheless, I am plowing through with the final project. I'll be buying and printing out supplies over the next few days to prepare. I want to spend time on this and get it to look half decent. I don't consider myself creative or an artist either. Even with the project being "interdisciplinary", it is still taking a step outside of my comfort zone.
Finally, I reflect on the things I've learned thus far. I have noticed the way I view animals has shifted radically: it's more about why an animal is there instead of its general presence. I also notice animals in public more; the lonesome cats wandering the streets ever so frequently. As I stare into the mirror of my self-image and perception, I believe it's growing. My perspective and skills as a student are developing and changing. These are critical, at least I perceive them to be, as I move into next semester and ultimately delve deeper into life.
Do I look fat? (2017)
Karon Edleson. Source: Flickr

Comments
Post a Comment