Research Rough Draft

Clarence is getting anxious. Or at least I would be if I was stuck in his cage at the Cache Humane Society. The stress and presence of others are unsettling. He seeks freedom. He craves a new family.

We start with the first draft of my representation to get Clarence adopted. My plan currently is to create a photo collage of the best photos that I have Clarence. I want them to be vivid and bring him to life. I hope to showcase the various aspects of his personality. I hope to accentuate his moods and appeal to pathos. Hopefully, this will assist potential families in adopting him. 

My second portion is going to be to the side of the photo collage. This is where my strongest point will be: in a form of writing. I'm going to produce a short excerpt about Clarence. It will produce a narrative about his personality, likable features, human-like traits, and habits in a positive manner. This is due to my previous research finding that this works the best at getting animals adopted via social media. I also enjoy writing and feel most confident with this portion.

My third part will be a poem that I'm writing. I want it to humanize Clarence. It will showcase his hopes and dreams within a more "poetic" context. I decided to write a haiku for him because they are typically affiliated with nature. They are also simple and short, portraying the low-maintenance and careless attitude that a proper cat-like Clarence has. I would post it now, but I don't want to spoil it.

I also currently don't know whether I'm content with printing this and transferring it to the poster board. I want to find a different medium or physical representation. Part of me would prefer digital, but I know it wouldn't work with the art gallery. I need to find a medium that helps capture my vision.

I would also like to maybe add in a quote from a British writer. I don't know what or how it will relate to Clarence. Nevertheless, I think it would help portray his personality and capture his inner-self. I'm nervous, stressed, and ecstatic about the final project coming in the next few weeks. Partly because I don't consider myself creative; partly because I don't know how it will turn out. However, these are all aspects of growing, learning, and becoming a more effective student.

Clarence "The Tired Cat" (2021)
Jacob Sagers. Source: Myself


Comments

Popular Posts